People often experience without reason bleeding from the nose. In most cases it does not represent a serious danger to life or health.
However, it often leaves on people difficult feeling , because they are in mild cases it seems that expired a large amount of blood.
What causes a nosebleed?
Bleeding from the nose usually occurs due to breakage, picking the nose, but they can also occur as a result of nasal allergies, colds or flu. The bleeding usually comes from the front of the nasal septum, but not always come from the back of the nose. Usually have no clinical symptoms of bleeding so do not have to worry too much.
While it can be an awesome sight when blood leaking from the nose, the most important is to stay calm. If you follow these steps, you will be able to successfully stop a nosebleed.
However, it should be noted that the nose bleeding may give symptoms such as: Osler disease, tumors, leukemia, etc.
– If in the course of bleeding feel shortness of breath
– If in the course of bleeding feel arrhythmia (irregular heartbeat)
– If it happens often and you lose a lot of blood
– If you dizzy and lose consciousness during bleeding
– If you feel extreme headache for your nose bleeds.
Side effects that frequently occur:
– Swallowing blood in large quantities in which vomiting impulses occur
– Often, nose bleeds (where you lose a lot of blood), where anemia occurs.
If you want to quickly stop bleeding from the nose, try these tricks that are really effective:
1. Apply pressure at the right place
Sit upright with your head slightly tilted forward (that blood would not run in the throat). The thumb and index finger of same hand are placed above, each on one side, as if riding on the nose, and at the same time must be taken that the nostrils are widely covered by the press to the bone structure of the nose. First, gently blow clots. Then press the soft part of the nose and press it tightly to the face. Hold for at least 10 minutes.
2. Make compression
Make cotton handkerchief roll. Set the compression in the mouth, between the gums and the upper lip just below the “root” of the nose, and hold it there for about 10 minutes. If it bothers rolls placed in the mouth, take a coin and press with your finger over the upper lip (between the lips and nose) and hold it for about 10 minutes. If bleeding does not stop, in the nose can put a ball of cotton wool soaked in a saturated solution of antipyrine or Hyper Clear Purified Water. During the bleeding should be avoided sneezing.
3. Cold coating
Put an ice pack or cold compress soaked in witch hazel on the outside of the nose, with nostrils of bleeding. The cold will narrow the blood vessels in the nose that will slow the flow of blood.
Can help and lemon juice or lavender oil to put on the area that is bleeding. Of course you can identify where – usually located at the front, on the nasal partition called the septum.
– Do not exaggerate with air conditioning, because in this way the nasal membrane becomes dry.
– Input a lot of vitamin C in your body, because this vitamin strengthens blood vessels and protects the mucous membranes.
– Drink plenty of fluids. Water hydrates the body, and hence the mucous.
– Moist lining of the regular inhalation in the morning and before going to bed; sniffing the solution and rinse the nose. The lining must be salted and wet.