Read the five answers to the most frequently asked questions about Avocados
It is about time to seriously consider the benefit that avocados offer to our health and wellbeing.
1. Eating avocados will prevent adding pounds
It is well known that the foods like white flour, salty and sugary snacks, fizzy drinks, junk food are the main factor to be blamed for adding weight.
Avocados are a blessing for our body and are absolutely a fruit that is used in different meals like salads, smoothies, wraps and dips like the famous Guacamole. Avocados contain Oleic acid which is known as excellent for the heart. Being an important part of the Mediterranean diet it is famous for keeping people fit and thin. The monounsaturated fat and oleic acid give the Avocado fruit the essence of its power to reduce fat and help keep a healthy complexion.
2. Fight hunger
Avocados are e good to maintain a longer feeling of being well fed. They keep a steady sugar level so there is no craving for snacks and sweets because of the healthy fatty acids they are consisted of. These are indeed good friends of our bodies, not to mention they are tasty as well. Take a snack bag and fill it with avocadoes, dry or fresh. They sure come in handy…
3. Full of nutrients
It is well known that Avocados are very rich in different minerals and vitamins and healthy fats and acids. More than 14 minerals in an Avocado is good enough to make you reed further on about the other healthy components there are in an Avocado
- 18 essential amino acids (protein) and 2 grams of protein per 100 grams of avocado.
- Soluble fiber.
- Phytosterols: beta-sitosterol, campesterol, and stigmasterol which are anti inflammatory and help fight arthritis and other forms of inflammation.
- Carotenoids: These fruits have an enormous amount of Carotenoids that are known to be anti oxidant and oil-soluble.
Avocados contain an unusually high amount of antioxidant, oil-soluble carotenoids. These include: o-carotene, yellow alpha carotene and yellow lutein and not that famous carotenoids including yellow epsilon-carotene, yellow neochrome, yellow neoxanthin, yellow chrysanthemaxanthin, orange beta cryptoxanthin, orange zeaxanthin, and yellow violaxanthin.
- Chlorophyll: The green color is made of chlorophyll. It deodorizes , detoxifies and neutralizes the body from unwanted components.
- Polyhydroxylated fatty alcohols (PFAs): It is more typical to find these in ocean plants rather than in land plants. This makes the Avocado fruit and the tree itself one of a kind. Phytosterols and PFA-s give a great UVA shield to the skin and they are quite anti inflammatory .
- Avocados are rich in Vitamins: B (folic acid), C, E
4. Avocados are found in many different food recipes
These fruits are just great. They make a tasty treat with every combination, be it land food or sea food. Countless salads, meals, snacks and dips can be made from Avocados. They simply go well with everything. They can be sliced, chopped or mashed depending on the recipe.
Put some slices of Avocado on Gluten Free bread or on a cracker for a yummy healthy treat .Make a smoothie with all your favorite veggies and fruits. Invite your friends over for a delicious Guacamole dip or a salad. Combine them with seaweed to have the potassium and the salts balanced perfectly.
When we teach spelling, we should say “A is for Avocado” , because A is for amazing and Avocados are too.
5. Lasting well-being
Plan on buying Avocados for a longer time because they sure are worth it. They supply the body with long lasting energy feeding it with healthy vitamins, minerals, monounsaturated fats and many other already mentioned nutritious components that are anti inflammatory and antioxidant. Avocados are abundant in proteins and therefore can be taken instead of meat and cheese.
For more tips and facts about avocados go to AvocadoCentral.com