Elevated temperature is a protective response to infection. Thus, the body starts the mechanisms that suppress the growth of pathogenic bacteria, stimulating activation of the production of interferon …
Doctors unanimously recommends, the temperature of the child shall not be removed until it reaches the level of 38 to 38.5 degrees, and then the kids must be in the bed and getting enough fluids.
If the thermometer is too high, it leads to exhaustion and weakness, so the temperature must be removed.
The paracetamol, aspirin, ibuprofen, and the like antipyretics have a few side effects, that are harmful to the mucous membranes of the stomach and liver. They should be taken only after consulting a pediatrician.
Fortunately, the high temperature can be struggled and with the help of natural and safe ways:
1. Mix vinegar with water in a ratio of 1: 3, moisten into this solution a cotton swab and then rub the forehead, temples, wrists, hands, feet.
2. Put on the forehead of the child compress with vinegar solution and replace it when warm.
3. Serve plenty of hot drinks – they promote good perspiration and help the rapid lowering of the temperature.
4. Ventilate the room – let inside circulates fresh, slightly cooler air.
5. In order to gone high temperature more easily, remove from the child all the extra layers of clothing.
All children are different: some easily bring down the temperature, others – more difficult. It is also important to remember, that self-initiative lowering the temperature can practice only in cases, where the cheeks and ears of the child are rosy.
If the child is pale, the temperature continues to rise, and its origin is unknown, it is best to call a doctor right away!