A few people know that laurel leaves, which are used in the kitchen, can be very beneficial for our health. Bay laurel leaves are used to make an excellent medicinal oil that gives many useful properties for our health and the best of all is that you can prepare it at home!
Benefits of Bay laurel leaves:
– calming the nervous system.
– Strengthen the immune system.
– reduce the problems with the colon.
– reduce and stimulate the sweating process.
– very useful for joint pains, helping with varicose veins.
– improve mental activity as a whole.
1 oz. of fresh laurel leaves and one cup of olive oil
– Crush well the bay laurel leaves.
– You should notice some oil come out of them.
– Allow them to dry.
– Then mix them with olive oil and keep them in a glass jar.
– Cover the glass jar and allow to stand for 2 weeks in a cool, dry place..
– After a while, you have to replace the crushed leaves with new ones so that the flavor can be enhanced by the same procedure.
– Cover and leave for another two weeks.
– Strain the oil
-Use a piece of gauze or cotton.
Benefits of bay laurel oil
It is desirable to use it warmed up.
Rub the oil on the affected area. You can also use it for ear problems or for treating migraine. Massage this oil on the temples for a difficult headache and the pain will quickly disappear. You can even replace aspirin with laurel oil because this oil reduces body temperature.
Improves appetite. Helps eliminate pain in stomach and intestinal problems. Normalizes kidney and liver function. This oil can be used as a lotion for solving skin problems. It is very effective and can be used as a lotion against pimples and acne.