If you have a few extra inches in your waist, you’re in the right place. This may seem unbelievable, but according to the Women’s Daily Magazine it takes only 4 minutes to get the perfect body. Namely, the magazine has proposed a 28-day high-performance plank challenge to the shape of the body in less than a month.
The Plank Challenge
The training plan covers 28 days and is based on just one exercise. The idea is to hold your body in the plank position for different time intervals – from 20 seconds from the first day until you reach 4 minutes of the last day. In this way, you will gradually build endurance. The training plan is as follows:
* Day 1 and 2 – 20 seconds
* Day 3 and 4 – 30 seconds
* Day 5 – 40 seconds
* * Day 6 – rest
* Day 7 and 8 – 45 seconds
* Day 9 ,10 and 11 – 60 seconds
* Day 12 – 90 seconds
* * Day 13 – rest
* Day 14 and 15 – 90 seconds
* Day 16 and 17 – 120 seconds
* Day 18 – 150 seconds
* * Day 19 – rest
* Day 20 and 21 – 150 seconds
* Day 22 – 10 seconds
* Day 23 – 180 seconds
* Day 24 – 210 seconds;
* * Day 25 – rest
* Day 26 – 210 seconds
* Day 27 – 240 seconds
* Day 28 – as long as you can
How to do the plank exercise correctly :
To control the plank position, do the following:
* Distribute your weight properly by placing your arms below your shoulder.
* Keep your spine straight. Avoid folding it.
* Keep the core tightened to maximize the exercise.
* Extend the legs by slightly adjusting the distance between your feet while adding pressure on the hip area.
* With a relaxed body, slowly breathe to keep your heart fully engage.
There are several advantages that you get thanks to the position of the plank
* * As planking uses your core to balance the body, which is very useful in terms of physical effort, it also effectively tones your abdominal muscles. Actually, your abdominal muscles are fully involved during exercise.
* * By strengthening your heart, which is essential for good posture, the plank really improves your attitude to help maintain stability and balance. You will notice over time that you will get up and have a wide range of movements.
* * Last but not least, it increases muscle flexibility. So therefore, you become more flexible as a result of continuous work of the back muscles and shoulders in the plank position. You get a better range of motion because the stretch shoulder blades.