Home » Alternative Medicine » Signs of Mold Illness No One Should Ignore

Signs of Mold Illness No One Should Ignore

Does your roof leak? Do you pay attention at all to the dampness in your home? This issue can easily cause some major problems. Toxic mold has a huge impact on the human health, causing a huge number of symptoms such as vertigo, fatigue and rashes.

Unfortunately these symptoms are mistaken by many people, and they are not even aware of the toxic mold exposure. Mostly people who suffer from mold exposure, believe that they have an allergy, a cold or a flu.

Dr. Jill explains that the mold, mycotoxins and some other pollutants contribute to half of the diseases. It is highly important that you determine where is the mold coming from in order to protect yourself from these severe symptoms.

Affected Areas

Mold can develop everywhere, and it doesn’t make a difference between leather, wood or fabric. You can see it on insulation and sheetrock. It needs oxygen and moisture, which is why is commonly found in areas:

  • Basement
  • Windows
  • Leaky roofs
  • Kitchens
  • Bathrooms

How to Spot It?

The first thing you will notice is the bad and musty odor, and then look for  water stains on the walls, white and black spots, discolored carpets, or bowed floorborards, as Dr. Mercola explained.

Types of Mold

Mold commonly grows in areas that are exposed to water damage. And Dr. Mercola lists the most common types of mold that can grow indoor:

1. Stachybotrys

It’s hazardous and harmful. Dark form discharges mycotoxins and may prompt genuine breathing troubles and seeping in lungs. It’s not by any stretch of the imagination regular in homes, yet may develop on wood and paper. It doesn’t develop on solid tile or tile.

2.Penicillium

It’s found on backdrop, textures, floor covering and fiber glass pipe protection. Penicillium causes sensitivities and asthma. A few animal groups discharge mycotoxins, and penicillin is the most widely recognized.

3. Cladosporium

Develops on material, wood and different permeable materials presented to dampness. It causes roughage fever and asthma-like indications.

4. Aspergillus

It grows in damp and warm climate, and it is considered to be a common occupant of house dust. Aspergillus is releasing mycotoxins, and it is triggering the development of lung infections

5. Alternaria

It is mostly found in the upper respiratory tract and it can trigger allergy-like symptoms.

Symptoms

Dr. Jill listed a couple of symptoms you should be aware of:

  • Vertigo, feeling lightheaded
  • Static shocks
  • Tearing, disorientation, metallic taste in mouth
  • Abdominal pain, diarrhea, bloating
  • Red eyes, blurred vision, sweats, mood swings, sharp pains
  • Increased urinary frequency or increased thirst
  • Appetite swings, body temperature regulation,
  • Shortness of breath, sinus congestion or chronic cough
  • Unusual skin sensations, tingling and numbness
  • Morning stiffness, joint pain
  • Difficulty concentrating
  • Poor memory, difficult word finding
  • Headache, light sensitivity
  • Weakness and fatigue

If you still don’t have an answer to the question are you exposed to toxic mold, than answer the following questions below:

1. Do you have leaks in your roof?

2. Was your home flooded recently?

3. Are there any discolored ceiling tiles or vents? Is there some discoloration in your home?

4. Are there any musty odors in your home?

5. Do you have flu-like symptoms?

6. Are you diagnosed with some recurring respiratory infections of coughing or sinus infections?

7. Do you experience shortness of breath?

8. Do you have rashes on your skin and are you tired all the time?

9. How often do you have headaches?

10. Are your symptoms worsening on rainy days?

Proper Treatment

Stay away from moldy areas. Invest in a high quality air purifier, in order to control the moisture in your home. And make sure to clean moldy surfaces.

You can call a professional to remove the mold if your symptoms are serious and if the patch is too big. Make sure to call a professional if the mold is black!

Consult yourself with a specialist or doctor, if you have any of these symptoms. You can receive proper treatment and do a couple of tests. Try not to diagnose anything by yourself. Consult with a doctor first!

Sources: organichomeremedies.com/
www.avoidingmold.com
remedydaily.com

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *