Hurricane Irma has already begun to lead her war, thrashing through the Caribbean Islands at a speed of 185 miles per hour. And as many people know, she’s not done. Florida is bracing for the impact, due to arrive on Sunday as a category 5 hurricane. Some people are scared and may be wonderingg how much this storm has devastated and could potentially be. To help you understand just what we have to do or we can deal with here, below are five frightening facts about the power or potential power of Irma Hurricane.
Here are five frightening facts about Hurricane Irma:
1. Irma’s wind’s are expected to reach 215 mph.
To put it in perspective, it is faster than the maximum speed that most race cars can reach.
2. Waves from this catastrophic storm could reach a height of 23 feet high.
If you can not predict how high it is, it is larger than the standard container that is in the end.
3. Irma is currently 5.3 on the Cyclone Damage Index.
For reference, Hurray Hurvey was 5.2. Katrina was a 4.9.
4. Hurricane Irma stretches over 400 miles from one side to the other.
So, this monster hurricane is bigger than Ohio State.
5. Hurricane Irma definitely packs a powerful punch. The decline of its massive waves on the coast line reverberate around the island of Guadeloupe.
More information about the brutality of hurricanes Irma, please watch the video: